The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 requires retailers and manufacturers to disclose their efforts to eradicate slavery and human trafficking from their supply chain.
ABG Lab, LLC. is opposed to human trafficking and forced labor at any level, and we are committed to ensuring that the manufacturers and suppliers we work with meet our standards. Below are our required disclosures under the Act.
- ABG Lab, LLC. engages in verifying its product supply chains to evaluate and address risks of human trafficking and slavery. This verification is conducted through an audit by ABG Lab, LLC. Quality Assurance Manager and/or by third parties.
- ABG Lab, LLC. conducts independent announced audits of its suppliers to evaluate their compliance with our standards for human trafficking and slavery. This audit is conducted on all new vendors that perform a service, manufacture a product or manufacture any packing or collateral component for ABG Lab, LLC. All new vendors must pass the audit before the business is awarded. ABG Lab, LLC. also selects certain existing vendors to be subject to continued audits periodically. ABG Lab, LLC. conducts these audits as an integral part of its quality assurance process, and uses a social accountability checklist that audits the supplier’s practices relating to child labor, forced labor, discrimination, wage, and working conditions.
- ABG Lab, LLC. is in the process of requiring all suppliers to certify that materials incorporated into ABG Lab, LLC. products comply with the laws regarding human trafficking and slavery of the country or countries in which the suppliers are doing business.
- ABG Lab, LLC. maintains internal accountability standards and procedures for contractors and suppliers failing to meet company standards regarding human trafficking and slavery. Specifically, ABG Lab, LLC.’s audit procedures require each vendor to pass the social accountability audit to continue doing business with ABG Lab, LLC.
- ABG Lab, LLC. does not at this time provide company employees and management with specific training on human trafficking and slavery; however, ABG Lab, LLC. is in the process of setting up mandatory training for all employees and management who have direct responsibility for supply chain management with respect to mitigating risks of human trafficking and slavery within our product supply chain.